Have some renovations or home additions in the works for your Tampa home? Congratulations! But before you get too excited, the certified electricians at Hoffman Electrical & A/C would urge you to take some things into consideration. Home additions almost always mean electrical work, and there are a lot of factors to consider if your end product is going to result in proper function.
The team of master electricians at Hoffman Electrical & A/C always takes your needs seriously! If you’re about to perform some home additions, we are your go-to source for important information and superior service. Wondering what needs to get done? Let’s get started!
For top quality electrical services, installations, and upgrades, contact the team at Hoffman Electrical & A/C today!
Major Electrical Factors to Consider When Renovating
Additions to the home usually mean a higher electrical load on your panel, and a need for increased functionality. Keep these points in mind while planning:
- Plan your electrical access. The position and wiring of your electrical outlets determine a lot about how the electrical work in your home addition will go. Consider where you want appliances and where you might need electrical access for tools, floor lighting, and sometimes appliances. While you’re at it, work with your electrician to determine where you need to use a dedicated circuit for optimal safety.
- Consider a heavy-up. A heavy-up essentially increases the amperage (electrical power) that is available to your home. A lot of homes (especially older homes) need a heavy-up as is, and if you’re adding on, you almost definitely need to seek a heavy-up in order to accommodate your needs. Without it, you may be sorely disappointed (and in the dark) when you try to use electricity in your new space.
- Pre-plan lighting. Know where fixed electrical appliances like lighting are going to be before you begin building. Having a place for everything makes for a smooth process, and making last-minute changes can be exceptionally time consuming and expensive.
- Discuss the rest of your home’s wiring with a pro. Because of the modern tools, wiring, and equipment that will be used in your addition, the electrical in your initial home areas might need to be altered or updated. Speak with your electrical professional to see whether or not you might need to update wiring, access, or circuits in your home.
- Be cautious and flexible with your budgeting. Leave some leg room in your budget for sudden changes, incidents, and possible additions you might make during the building process. It’s just a way to ensure you’re prepared for any possibility!
- Hire a professional electrician! When you’re having major work done on your home, you don’t want just anyone rooting around in your home’s wiring. You want the best. Always work with a professional, certified electrician. And be sure to encourage a lot of open communication to ensure you’re getting the service and installations you want.
Why Choose Hoffman Electrical & A/C for your Florida Residential Electric Needs?
Hoffman Electrical & A/C is a family owned and operated business serving the Tampa and Brandon, Florida communities since 1989. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff of electricians installs, repairs, and performs regular maintenance check-ups in Hillsborough and Pinellas counties. When you need an electrician in your home, let our family help yours! We provide a variety of in-home electrical services, including installations, repair, and routine maintenance. Not only do we offer high-quality installs, we’ll also make sure your equipment continues to work efficiently and safely.
For electrical services in Tampa, Brandon, Clearwater, St. Petersburg, or their surrounding areas, contact us online or call us at (866) 238-3243 today!